Suitable for Key Stages 1 and 2 and adapted to suit the requirements of each group.
Children have the opportunity to explore a woodland and pond habitat and to identify, name and study animals and plants in their natural habitat, using classification keys to help them. Comparison of the habitats and creatures found within them is encouraged and explored.
At Upper KS2 we can deliver include greater emphasis on recording, adaptation and food webs.
Key Stage 1 National Curriculum Objectives
- Notice patterns, group and classify things.
- Identify and classify a variety of plants and animals in their habitats.
Key Stage 2 National Curriculum Objectives
- Use classification keys to help group, identify and name a variety of living things.
- Describe the differences in life cycles.
- Use the local environment throughout the year to identify and study plants and animals in their habitat.
- Interpret food chains.
- Identify producers, predators and prey.
- Identify how animals are adapted to suit their environment.